viernes, 11 de febrero de 2011

13.) Dear God why do these things happen = Dios Mio porque pasan estas cosas

This accident 1.) happened about a year 2.) ago in Valencia and it had a very big impact on me when I 3.) heard about it. I don´t know why it happened, all I know is that one very big car, which possibly 4.) ran a red light, 5.) hit this young girl who was going to the university. 
The impact was 6.) so strong that she was sent flying to her 7.) death.

Today, as I was walking my dog, I saw the that some flowers had been put on the bike where the accident had happened - today it 8.) must be her birthday which she will never celebrate 9.) again.
10.) As I like to ride my bike I see more and more people riding bikes to work or school, I know that I have to be 11.) really careful,  12.) although I´m going along the 13.) bike way
There are 14.) drivers who are really 15.) blind and don´t even 16.) bother to stop or look if there´s somebody crossing the street with a bike. A lot of drivers don´t stop 17.) even though the cyclists have the 18.) right of way and the yellow 19.) warning light is 20.) flashing right in front of their 21.) faces.

 I don´t know 22.) how many accidents happen everyday 23.) envolving cars and bicycles in Valencia - but I´m sure there must be a lot of accidents.
So, bike riders - 24.) be very careful. Young people who tell their parents that they´re going to ride their bikes to the city, remember - their 25.) life is in your hands because:

"SOME" DRIVERS "DON´T GIVE A SHIT"   = "Algunos conductores "les importa tres cojones", as they say in Spanish ( Pardon my french = perdona me lenguaje)


Vocabulary
1. Happened = ocurrió
2. Ago = hace
3. Heard = oí
4. Ran a red light = se salto el semáforo
5. Hit = golpeo
6. So strong = tan fuerte
7. Death = muerte
8. Must = debe
9. Again = de nuevo
10. As = como
11. Really careful = mucho cuidado
12. Although = aunque
13. Bike way = carril de bici
14. Drivers = conductores
15. Blind = ciegos
16. Bother = molestan
17. Even = incluso
18. Right of way = preferencia
19. Warning light = luz de aviso
20. Flashing right in front  = luz intermitente justo delante
21. Faces = caras
22. How many = cuantos
23. Envolving = involucrando
24. Be very careful = tener mucho cuidado
25. Life = vida



                        God Rest Her Soul = Que su alma descanse en paz


In memory of this girl and others who have died in accidents, this song is by The Jonas brothers called "Dear God"
Lyrics                                         Translated by ajm
Oohhh                                           Oohh
Dear God                                        Dios mio
I hate to be a bother                      Siento ser una molestia
But I got to say                               Pero tengo que decir
This world is getting                         Este mundo se está volviendo
crazier with every day                      mas loco cada día
I hope You’ll hear me out                   Espero que me escuches
now as I stop and pray                     ahora mientras me paro y rezo
Dear God                                        Dios mio
People take Your words                     La gente toman tus palabras
and try to twist them 'round             y intentan cambiarlas
I know You can’t be happy                 Se que no puedes estar feliz
with what’s going down                    con lo que está ocurriendo
I’m searching for some answers         Estoy buscando algunas respuestas
But they can’t be found                     Pero no las encuentro
Can You help me out?                        Me puedes ayudar?
Dear God                                         Dios mio
Oohhh                                             Oohhh
Dear God                                         Dios mio
Just the other night I                         Justo la otra noche
heard somebody say                          oí a alguien decir
"What’s the use believing                   "Que sentido tiene creer
in you anyway?"                                en ti de todas formas"
I guess it was just heartache              Supongo que solo era tristeza
talking through the pain                       hablando a través del dolor
It’s a crying shame                            Es una pena
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/jonas_brothers/dear_god.html ]
Dear God                                          Dios mio
I know You’re disappointed                 Se que estás decepcionado
in the things we’ve done                      en las cosas que hemos hecho
Can’t they see the truth that                No pueden ver la verdad que
they’re all running from?                     que todos están huyendo?
Try to preach your message                 Intentar predicar tu mensaje 
with a loaded gun                               con una pistola cargada
What they thinking of?                         En que están pensando
Dear God                                           Dios mio
Oohhh                                               Oohhh
Ooohh
Everybody’s searching                         Todo el mundo está buscando
for an easy solution                             una solución fácil
Yeah                                                Si
They can’t see beyond,                       No pueden ver mas allá 
the selfish world they’re living in            del mundo egoísta en que viven
Your words of love get lost                   Tus palabras del amor se pierden
 in all the confusion                              en toda la confusión
Yes they do                                        Se, así es
But I still believe                                  Pero aun creo
Someday You’re going                           Que algún día vas a 
to speak to me                                    hablarme
Dear God                                            Dios mio
I know You’ve got a                             Se que tienes un
million other calls to take                       millón de otras llamadas para contestar
You’re dealing with a lot of                    Estás tratando con mucha
things that just won’t wait                     cosas que simplemente no pueden esperar
But there is one request that                 Pero solo hay una petición que
I just got to make                                 Que tengo que hacer
Oohhh whoa                                         Oohhh whoa
Dear God                                             Dios mio
Won’t You send a sign down,                   Envíame un señal
just to ease my doubt                           simplemente para calmar mi duda
I'm trying to hear you                             Estoy intentando oírte
but the silence is just to loud                  pero el silencio es demasiado fuerte
I think I see a rainbow                           Creo que veo un arco iris
from behind the clouds                            detrás de las nubes
And I hear you now,                               Y te oigo ahora
Dear God.                                             Dios mio







1 comentario:

  1. Me a gustado mucho este artículo. Que pena que esto pasa muchas veces

    ResponderEliminar