jueves, 5 de enero de 2017

378. The Martians have landed (Part 1-)

Here´s the first part of a story I wrote. Hope you laugh.

The Martians have landed ( Part 1.)

The Martians scared the shit out of me and landed last week right in front of my very eyes.
I was walking in the street around four o´clock in the morning when I suddenly saw a bright light in the sky.
There were a few people who were also in that part of town, and I noticed they couldn´t move at all because a blue light was just above their heads.
I, on the other hand had a white light which was penetrating my entire body with pure star energy.
was able to move, even take a picture with my cell phone as I watched a beautiful enormous spaceship land fifty meters in front of me.
The Martians have landed ( Part 1.)
I thought I was dreaming. No way is this happening.
Nevertheless, I was in awe and I felt so good, alive and full of energy.
My body began to move slowly elevating upwards in the air and moving in the direction of a light green light coming out from a door which had just opened.
The light made me move, go in and sit down in a cushion in the center of a glass floor.
My eyes were closed because the light was so bright.
I then realized that someone was talking to me in English.
“Hi Alan. It´s a pleasure to meet you. Don´t worry. We saw you walking in the street by yourself and you were thinking about how bright Venus was.
But, most importantly, we also noticed you were wearing a very nice dark brown leather jacket.
The Martians have landed ( Part 1.)
We want to know where you bought it? As we come from Mars, it´s pretty cold here, so we want to buy these leather jackets for the entire crew.
We are human like you, but of course we are far more superior as we have lived for millions of years.
We can travel all over any galaxy, but so far, Earth is the only place that sells the jacket you are wearing.
In Mars, people love to ride fantastic looking motorcycles like the photo below. Here on Mars people can design their own custom motorbike, and they can go on land or fly in space.
The Martians have landed ( Part 1.)
We like your jacket because it looks like a motorcycle jacket that will keep us warm when wer´re riding in space. As soon as we have one, we can copy and make them for all our motorcycle riders on our planet.
We´ll put a sticker on the back of the jacket called "Space Angels", cause that´s what we are. 
Mars is a motorcycle planet. A lot of riders come to Mars when they die so they can ride all over space; and once a year they can go down to Earth and go anywhere they want on their motorcycle. That´s the vacation for them who were born on Earth.


We all have wings of course and people born on Mars can go anywhere. 
A lot of us love to go to Earth with our motorcycles and visit Las Vegas and of course ride on Route 66 through beautiful Arizona, Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon. 

Anyway, we would like you to order for us 100 hundred jackets like yours.
We will give you a credit card so you can buy them. If you do us this favor, we have permission to give you special powers and make you immortal.
You will also be able to visit us anytime you want, and of course you will have the power to travel anywhere you want with your motorbike. We know you like Honda Gold Wings, so this one is for you.
The Martians have landed ( Part 1.)
All you have to do is think about a place you want to go to, and in a blink of an eye you will arrive there with your motorcycle.
This way you can also pay us a visit and come ride with us..... and we´ll also ride with you of course   

Vocabulary
scared the shit  = me pegó un susto de miedo
landed = aterrizó
right  = justo
around  = sobre
suddenly = de pronto
at all  = en absoluto
on the other hand = por otra parte
was able  = pude
even = incluso
No way = de ninguna manera 
nevertheless  = no obstante
awe = pasmado
coming out  = saliendo
just = acababa
cushion  = cojín
realized = me di cuenta
noticed  = fijamos
as  = como
pretty  = bastante
crew = tripulacion
like  = como
far  = bastante
looks like  = se parece
as soon as = tan pronto que

sticker = pegatina

order  = pedir
all you have to do  = lo unico que tienes que hacer
in a blink of an eye = en un abrir y cerrar de ojo
this way  = de esta manera 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_M3uw29U1U

David Bowie´s best song



2 comentarios: