Courtesy of Martha Stewart
Recipe for chocolate chip cookies
- 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 14 tablespoon(s) (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 2 (large) eggs
- 2 cup(s) (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges and set in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
Watch Ormie the pig trying to get a cookie