lunes, 19 de marzo de 2012

120.) A true story - Flying high through the air on my bike = Volando alto por los aires en mi bici

                                                 "Flying high through the air on my bike"


                                                                 Drawing by alan moliner

1.) As I like riding my bike, I went for a 2.) bike ride. My bike is a Raleigh – made in England. It has to be one of the 3.) highest bikes 4.) around, and it makes me 5.) feel like I´m riding 6.) rather high and 7.) since the bar is so high, it´s not easy to 8.) get off.
So, as I was 9.) enjoying an 10.) early morning ride along the bike ways of the city, I had to 11.) round a corner and as there were people walking on the bike way, I had to make a 12.) sudden swerve 13.) going over some water because it had rained the 14.) previous night....and that was a big mistake. As I was rounding the corner going over the water, I lost control of my bike as if I were riding on ice.
I tried to control the bike at the last moment with the 15.) handle bars, but nothing could 16.) avoid what was going to 17.) happen. I was 18.) thrown off the bike flying over the handle bars and simply trying to fall in a way 19.) so as not to 20.) hurt myself very badly.
I fell more or less 21.) sideways on the right side of my 22.) butt and 23.) landed in the street, 24.) wondering to myself....why me? 25.) Laying on my back for a second, a young boy 26.) grabbed my hand and helped me 27.) get up. It must have been a passing angel flying through the sky who came to help me.
As I was having problems with my left achilles tendon, I saw that I had a 28.) slight bruise above the left ankle, so I was expecting 29.) the worst.
My 30.) back wheel was 31.) bent and walking wasn´t going to be easy. So, I got on the bike and
tried riding it to the hospital which was thank God less than 500 hundred meters 32.) away.
I parked the bike and went in 33.) limping in 34.) hoping I hadn´t broken anything.
After waiting 35.) nearly an hour, a doctor came to 36.) look me over and asked me what had happened.
He checked my foot and it hurt when he touched the back of the ankle; so he sent me to have an x-ray done.
After a short while they called me to go into a room and wait for the doctor. He came in and told me nothing was broken, just 37.) bruised. He ordered a nurse to put a 38.) bandage around my foot and keep it on for a week. I 39.) took it off after 40.) a couple of days as I thought I was feeling better. If I walk 41.) too much I can see that my foot is a little 42.) swollen at the end of the day.
I took off the back tire of my damaged bicycle and 43.) threw it away and 44.) hung up my bike 45.) for good. I´m thinking of buying a small 46.) folding bike with 47.) wider tires and perhaps it will be 48.) safer in case the ground is 49.) wet; and 50.) at least I´ll be able to control the bike better with my two feet on the ground and not my 80 kilo body flying high through the air and hopefully, never falling down 51.) again.


Vocabulary
1.As = como
2.Bike ride = vuelta en bici
3.Highest = mas alta
4.Around = por estas partes
5.Feel like = sentir como
6.Rather = bastante
7.Since = ya que
8.Get off = bajar
9.Enjoying = disfrutando
10.Early = temprano
11.Round = doblar
12.Sudden swerve = maniobra repentina
13.Going over = pasando por encima
14.Previous = anterior
15.Handle bars = manillar
16.Avoid = evitar
17.Happen = ocurrir
18.Thrown off = echado
19.So as not to = para no
20.Hurt myself = hacerme daño
21.Sideways = de lado
22.Butt = culo
23.Landed = aterrizé
24.Wondering = preguntándome
25.Laying on my back = tumbado de espaldas
26.Grabbed = cogío
27.Get up = levantarme
28.Slight bruise = ligero moretón
29.The worst = lo peor
30.Back wheel = rueda trasera
31.Bent = doblada
32.Away = de distancia
33.Limping = cojeando
34.Hoping = con la esperanza
35.Nearly = casi
36.Look me over = chequearme
37.Bruised = magullado
38.Bandage = venda
39.Took it off = quité
40.A couple = un par
41.Too much = demasiado
42.Swollen = hinchado
43.Threw it away = eché
44.Hung up = colgué
45.For good = para siempre
46.Folding bike = bici plegable
47.Wider = mas ancho
48.Safer = mas seguro
49.Wet = mojado
50.At least = por lo menos
51.Again = de nuevo

Jem sings this very nice song "Flying High"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeUkCaXNSbs 



Lyrics                                                             Translated by ajm
You can't know, oh no                                    Tu no puedes saberlo, oh no
You can't know                                               No puedes saberlo
How much I think about you, no                    Cuanto pienso en ti
It's making my head spin                               Me hace la cabeza dar vueltas
Looking at you                                               Mirándote
And you are looking at me                             Y tu mirándome
And we both know what we want                 Y ambos sabemos lo que queremos
Hmm, so close to giving in                              Hmm, tan cerca cediendo

Feel so nice                                                    Se siente tan bien
Oh yeah you feel so nice                                Ay que bien sientas
Wish I could spend the night                          Ojala pudiera pasar la noche
But I can't pay the price                                  Pero no puedo pagar el precio
Oh no, no                                                        Ay no, no 

But I'm flying so high                                     Pero estoy volando tan alto
High off the ground                                         Alto por encima del suelo
When you're around                                       Cuando estás
And I can feel your high                                  Y puedo sentir tu subidon
Rocking me inside                                            Moviendo dentro de mi
It's too much to hide                                        Es demasiado para esconder

I know, oh yes                                                 Lo se, ay si
I know that we can't                                        Se que no podemos
Be together                                                       Estar juntos
But, I just like to dream                                    Pero, simplemente me gusta soñar
It's so strange                                                  Es tan raro
The way our paths have crossed                      La manera que nuestros caminos se han cruzado
How we were brought together                       Como nos juntamos
Hmm, it's written in the stars it seems              Hmm, está escrito en las estrellas
Feel so nice                                                       Que bien se sienta 
Oh yeah you feel so nice                                   Ay que bien sientas
I'd love to spend the night                                Me encantaría pasar la noche
But I can't pay the price                                    Pero no puedo pagar el precio
Oh no, no                                                          Ay no,no

And I'm flying so high                                        Y estoy volando tan alto
High off the ground                                           Alto por encima del suelo
When you're around                                         Cuando estás
And I can feel your high                                     Y puedo sentir to subidon
Touching me inside                                             Tocandome por dentro
And it's too much to hide                                    Es demasiado para esconder

Back to earth                                                      De vuelta a la tierra
Where did you take me to                                  A donde me has llevado
I know there's no such thing                              Se que no puede ser
As painless love                                                  Como amor sin dolor
Well it'll catch us up                                             Nos alcanzará
And we can never win                                         Y nunca podemos ganar
But oh                                                                  Pero ay
I feel so alive                                                       Me siento tan viva
Oh                                                                        AY
Just want to hold you                                          Solo quiero abrazarte
Hold you so tight                                                 Abrazarte tan fuerte

And I'm flying so high                                           Y estoy volando tan alto
High off the ground                                              Alto por encima del suelo
When you're around                                            Cuando estás
And I can feel your high                                       Y siento tu subidon
Touching me inside                                               Tocandome por dentro
And it's too much to hide                                      Y es demasiado esconder
And I'm flying so high                                            Y estoy volando tan alto
High off the ground                                               Alto por encima del suelo
When you're around                                             Cuando estás



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario