domingo, 5 de febrero de 2012

113.) A JOKE -"A GENIE IN THE LAMP" = UN CHISTE- "EL GENIO EN LA LAMPARA

A Funny Joke  = Un chiste gracioso


A man was walking along a California beach and 1.) stumbled upon an old lamp partially 2.) burried in the 3.) sand."This can´t be 4.) happening to me....a magic lamp"!
He decided to 5.) pick it up and 6.) rub it. 7.) Suddenly a genie 8.) came out and the man was a little 9.) frightened.
To the man´s surprise, the genie spoke in english and said. "Ok. Ok. You have 10.) released me from the lamp, blah, blah, blah."
"This is the fourth time this month and I´m 11.) getting tired of 12.) giving wishes, so you can 13.) forget about having three wishes; you can only have one wish".
The man sat down and thought about it 14.) for a while and said, "I´ve always wanted to go to Hawaii,
but, I´m 15.) scared of flying and I get very 16.) seasick. Could you 17.) build a bridge to Hawaii so I  can drive 18.) over there with my car"?
The genie 19.) laughed and said, 20.) "You´re out of your mind! Think of the logistics of that. How would the 21.) supports reach the bottom of the Pacific ocean. Think of how much 22.) concrete, how much 23.) steel! 24.) No way José!"
"You can make another wish", the genie said.
The man said Ok and tried to think of a really good wish. Finally he said, "I´ve been married and divorced four times. My wives always said that I don´t talk about my emotions and that I´m 25.) insensitive.
So, I wish that I could understand women and know how they 26.) feel deep down in their heart and what they are thinking, especially when they give me the 27.) silent treatment. I want to know why they are crying, know what they really want when they answer 28.) "NOTHING". I 29.) would like to know how to make them really happy.
The genie then 30.) asked him, "Do you 31.) want that bridge with two 32.) lanes or four"?

Vocabulary
1. Stumbled upon  = tropezó con
2. Buried  = enterado
3. Sand  = arena
4. Happening = pasando
5. Pick it up = recogió
6. Rub = frotó
7. Suddenly = de repente
8. Came out = salió
9. Frightened = asustado
10. Released = liberado
11. Getting tired = cansando
12. Giving wishes  = dando deseos
13. Forget = olvidar
14. For a while = durante un tiempo
15. Scared of flying  = miedo de volar
16. Seasick  = mareado
17. Build a bridge  = construir un puente
18. Over there  = allí
19. Laughed  = se rió
20. You´re out of your mind  = estas loco
21. Supports reach the bottom  = soportes llegar al fondo
22. Concrete  = cemento
23. Steel = acero
24. No way Jose! = de ninguna manera, tío
25. Insensitive = insensible
26. Silent treatment  = castigo del silencio (no decir nada)
27. Nothing = nada
28. Deep down in their heart = en el fondo de su corazón
29. Would like  = gustaría
30. Asked = preguntó
31. Want = quieres
32. Lanes = carriles

Recordar la expresión: "You´re out of your mind" = Estás loco!

Here´s a nice catchy = pegadiza song by Christina Aguilera called "Genie in a bottle"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoi4MQO_swA

"Wanna" - signifiica: want to (Quiero) Cuando se habla en ingles y dices: "I want to see you"; (se une want to, no pronunciando la "T"de "TO" tan fuerte...diciendo wanna ; igual como "GOING TO"  = Gonna
Y también con "GOT TO" = TIENES: se dice "GOTTA"


Lyrics                                                            Translated by ajm
I feel like I've been locked up tight                      Me siento que he estado encerrado bien apretada
For a century of lonely nights                              Durante un siglo de noches solitarias 
Waiting for someone to release me                     Esperando que alguien me libera
You're licking your lips                                       Está humedeciendo tus labios
And blowing kisses my way                                Y soplándome besos
But that don't mean                                           Pero eso no significa
I'm gonna give it away                                     Que voy a regalarlo 
Baby baby baby (baby, baby, baby)                   Cariño Cariño......
Ooooh (my body is saying let's go)                     Ay(mi cuerpo dice vamonos)
Ooooh (but my heart is saying no)                      Ay (pero mi corazón dice no)
If you wanna be with me                                   Si quieres estar conmigo 
Baby there's a price to pay                                Cariño, hay que pagar un precio
I'm a genie in a bottle                                        Soy un genio en una botella
You gotta rub me the right way                          Tienes que frotarme la manera correcta
If you wanna be with me                                    Si quieres estar conmigo
I can make your wish come true                         Puedo hacer que su deseo sea haga realidad
You gotta make a big impression                        Tienes que impresionarme
I gotta like what you do                                     Me tiene que gustar lo que haces
I'm a genie in a bottle baby                                 Soy un genio en una botella cariño
You gotta rub me                                                Me tienes que frotarme
the right way honey                                            la manera correcta cariño
I'm a genie in a bottle baby                                 Soy un genio en una botella cariño
Come, come, come on                                        Vamos, va, vamos
and let me out                                                    y déjame salir
The music's fading                                              La música se apaga
The lights down low                                             Las luces bajadas
Just one more dance                                           Un baile mas
And then were good to go                                    Y estamos listo para irnos
Waiting for someone                                           Esperando alguien
Who needs me                                                   Quien me necesita
Hormones racing at                                             La hormonas yendo a
the speed of light                                                la velocidad de la luz
But that don't mean                                            Pero eso no quiere decir 
it's gotta be tonight                                             que tiene que ser esta noche
Baby, baby, baby (baby, baby, baby)                   Cariño............ 
Ooooh (my body is saying let's go)                       Cariño (mi cuerpo dice vamos) 
Ooooh (but my heart is saying no)                        Ay (pero mi corazón dice que no)
If you wanna be with me                                      Si quieres estar conmigo
Baby there's a price to pay                                   Cariño hay que pagar un precio
I'm a genie in a bottle                                          Soy un genio en una botella
(I'm a genie in a bottle)                                        "                "             "
You gotta rub me the right way                             Tienes que frotarme bien
If you wanna be with me (Ooh)                             Si quieres estar conmigo
I can make your wish come true                           Te puedo hacer que tu sueño se haga realidad
(Wish come true...woah)                                      (Tu deseo se hará realidad...woah)
Just come and set me free                                    Simplemente ven y librame
And I'll be with you                                               Y estaré contigo
I'm a genie in a bottle baby                                   "              "               "
You gotta rub me the right way honey                    Tienes que frotarme bien cariño
I'm a genie in a bottle baby                                   "                   "           "
Come, come, come on and let me out                    Vamos,  "   "   " déjame salir

I'm a genie in a bottle baby                                   "                  "                  "
You gotta rub me the right way honey 
(if you wanna be with me)
I'm a genie in a bottle baby                                   "                  "                   "
Come, come, come on and let me out                    "                  "                   "
Ooooh (my body is saying let's go)
Ooooh (but my heart is saying no)

CHORUS:                                                             "                  "                    "
If you wanna be with me
Baby there's a price to pay
I'm a genie in a bottle
You gotta rub me the right way
If you wanna be with me
I can make your wish come true (Ooh)                   "                   "                   "
You gotta make a big impression
I gotta like what you do (Oh Yeah)
If you wanna be with me
Baby there's a price to pay
I'm a genie in a bottle
You gotta rub me the right way 
(you gotta rub me the right way)                            "                   "                   "
If you wanna be with me
I can make your wish come true
Just come and set me free baby
And I'll be with you
I'm a genie in a bottle baby
Come, come, come, on and let me out                   "                    "                   "


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario