domingo, 4 de septiembre de 2011

76.) "TO PEE OR NOT TO PEE IN A SKYSCRAPER" -THAT IS THE QUESTION

There are moments that having a 1.) toilet in an 2.) elevator would be a great idea. There are 3.) skycrapers 4.) which have a lot of 5.) floors. Imagine that you have to do "Number1." 6.) "PEE" or do "Number 2." 7.) "A BOWEL MOVEMENT and you´re going up to your floor and it 8.) seems like it´s taking forever and you have to "PEE" = Mear
If you have no other 9.) choice you 10.) might consider peeing in the 11.) corner of the elevator;  12.) providing of course there´s 13.) nobody else inside. You 14.) hope that people will think that a poor dog couldn´t 15.) hold it. If you come out of the elevator and there are people who are going to take it, you can always say,"Look what a dog did".
I know because it 16.) happened to me. I had 17.) gone out with friends and we 18.) had drunk 19.) several beers. I was arriving home and I had the 20.) urge to pee. So I thought "I can hold it"; but as soon as I went inside the "moving box", I knew I was going to explode - but I didn´t pee inside the elevator. I 21.) did my best to hold it, or think of something 22.) else. I 23.) rushed out of the elevator, running like crazy along the 24.) hallway with my key ready to open the door and 25.) rushed into the house like a 26.) madman and took a long long 27.) relieving piss.
There have been moments that I was sure that I was going to pee in my 28.) pants. I don´t know what is 29.) worse, a pee attack or a bowel movement attack. 30.) How gross it 31.) must be to do "Number2" in your pants. I think that did happen to me when I was little boy and when I got home after school, my mother had to clean me, which was 32.) rather embarrassing.


33.) So, imagine you are 34.) staying at The Gran Bali Hotel in Benidorm, which is the 35.) tallest building in Spain. It is 210 meters 36.) high and has 52 floors and your room is on the forty eighth floor.


Or 37.) how about the spectacular Agbar 38.) Tower in Barcelona 39.) built in 2005. This tower has 31 floors and a 40.) height of 132 meters.



Or one of the tallest buildings in the world: The Petronas 41.) Twin Towers in Kuala Lampur, the capital of Malasia at a height of 452 meters and with 88 floors.


"WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU´RE 42.) EVER IN A VERY TALL BUILDING AND YOU HAVE THE 43.) DEEPEST URGE TO DO NUMBER I. OR NUMBER 2"?..... "SUFFER"
44.) "THERE SHOULD BE A TOILET IN 45.) EVERY TALL BUILDING"


                                                Photo by ajm
VOCABULARY:
1. Toilet  = váter / inodoro / servicio
2. Elevator  (AmE) = ascensor  (BrE) lift
3. Skyscrapers  =  rascacielos
4. Which  = los cuales
5. floors  = plantas
6. Pee  =  mear
7. Bowel movement  = hacer pon / hacer caca
8. Seems like  =  parece que
9. Choice  = elección
10. Might  =  podrías
11. Corner  =  esquina
12. Providing  =  con tal que
13. Nobody else inside  = nadie mas dentro
14. Hope  =  esperar (de esperanza)
15. Hold it  =  aguantarse
16. Happened  = ocurrió
17. Gone out  =  salido
18. Had drunk  =  había tomado
19. Several  =  varias
20. Urge  = necesidad
21. Did my best  = Hice lo mejor
22. Else  = mas
23. Rushed out  = salir pitando
24. Hallway  =  pasillo
25. Rushed into = entre a toda pastilla
26. Madman  = loco
27. Relieving piss  = meada aliviante
28. Pants  =  pantalones
29. Worse  =  peor
30. How gross  =  que asco
31. Must  = debe (del verbo deber)
32. Rather  =  bastante
33. So  =  así que
34. Staying  = alojaba
35. Tallest building  =  edificio mas alto
36. High  = alto
37. How about  = que le parece
38. Tower  = torre
39. Built  =  construido
40. Height  =  altura
41. Twin  = gemelo
42. Ever  = alguna vez 
43. Deepest  =  mas profundo
44. Should be  = debería haber
45. Every  =  cada


 Here´s a funny song to wake up = "despertarse" in the morning
It´s called "Pee in the elevator"= Mearse en el ascensor, by the Planet Smashers, a group formed in 1994 in Montreal, Quebec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrZLpeTM4Rw 





Lyrics                                             Translated by ajm

The door is busted down                     La puerta está rota
There are bugs crawling around         Hay bichos andando por alli
This is a place to live                            Esto es un lugar para vivir
That should be burned to the              Que debería ser quemado  

ground                                                     hasta el suelo
In the pool is a gator                              En la piscina hay un aligator
My neighbor I hate her                          A mi vecina la odio
You think that's bad, you'd better        Crees que eso es malo, mas vale
watch what's in the elevator                 ver lo que hay en el ascensor
There are holes in my walls                   Hay agujeros en mis paredes
Smoke in the halls                                  Humo en los pasillos
Some kind of fungus is itching             Algún tipo de hongo está picando
My balls                                                    Mis pelotas
They just raised the rent                        Acaban de subir el alquiler
All my money is spent                             Todo mi dinero se ha gastado
How will I pay it                                        Como lo pagaré
I've got to live in a fucking tent            Tengo que vivir en un una maldita tienda
Pee in the elevator                                 Pis en el ascensor
Don't smell too good                               No huele tan bien
There's pee in the elevator                   Hay pis en el ascensor
It don't smell like it should                     No huele como debería
Been drinking all night                           He estado bebiendo toda la noche
pounding them back                               una tras otra
I go stumbling home                               Me voy a casa a tropezones
There's no turning back                         No se puede hacer nada
I got to pee bad                                       Tengo una ganas tremendas de mear
Can't take it anymore                              No me aguanto mas
It's impossible to wait                             Es imposible esperar
'til the 19th floor                                      hasta el piso diecinueve
I had a little hamster                               Tuve un pequeño hamster
A little fluffy guy                                       Un pequeño tipo suave
I lost him in the elevator                        Le perdí en el ascensor
I just left him there to die!                      Simplemente le dejé allí para morir



































No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario